Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Count Your Calories!


Count my calories?? Who wants to do that? I always thought it was tedious and just ain't worth my time.

Well if you value your health and want to manage your weight, the same amount you put in marching down the nearest Mc Donald's walking in the heat, sitting through traffic and waiting in line at the counter... Yes you can count your calories!


I found this website that helps you count the calories and nutritional value of any kind of food in the market. Just type it in in the search bar and it gives you a selection of the specific amount, size or brand of the food you are trying to find. The website's name is http://caloriecount.about.com/ you can sign up and keep a log of all of the food you consumed in a day and the site helps you calculate if you exceeded the standard 2000 calorie diet.
If you have the patience to do it. Involve your kids in the calorie counting, or maybe your husband/wife, partner.
I tried to "school" the yaya (filipino for baby sitter) about being careful of which choice of food she should give my kids. She is so traditional that to her as long as the kid likes it and is eating, that's all that matters. Well NO! I disagree. I would've been thankful if my mom was more creative with the food she served when I was a kid. All I remember is.. vegetables tastes yucky! And since I was an only child for the first 10 years I got what I wanted. Not a good thing. I had to learn how to eat right thank God! But my point is you should start looking at the nutritional value of the kind of food you eat in the home especially what you feed your kids otherwise, it will become a habit. Be it bad or good. Start now visit the website and count your calories!
-st.mye

No comments:

Post a Comment